GoDaddy Free SSL for WordPress Hosting Install (Let’s Encrypt)
If your goal is to avoid the high cost associated with purchasing an SSL certificate for your GoDaddy WordPress hosted site, a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate might be the right solution for you.
In this post, I’ll explain how I (there are other ways – but this was my approach) installed the certificate to my GoDaddy hosted WordPress blog from a Windows-based computer.
To get started, you’ll need a few prerequisites to follow these instructions.
- A WordPress blog installed and hosted (CPanel) at GoDaddy.
- Access to your GoDaddy CPanel account.
- The Filezilla FTP client installed and configured to connect to your GoDaddy account.
The Steps: GoDaddy Free SSL for WordPress Hosting Install (Let’s Encrypt)
1. First, head over to zerossl.com. The wizard at this site will generate all that is needed, including the Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate.
2. Click the “Online Tools” button and then choose the “Free SSL Certificate Wizard” option.
3. On the first page of the Wizard (Details page), enter your email address and domain(s). You can separate domain names with a space. In order to continue, you must accept the ZeroSSL TOS and Let’s Encrypt SA. After accepting, click Next.